Monday, November 29, 2010

SGALGG: Co-Worker Edition

It’s that time of year again for office potlucks and parties. That means hours of awkward socialization with your coworkers and watching your boss get sauced while hit on the receptionist. For the love of God, someone spike the eggnog so we can make it through the holiday season. But informal interactions with your colleagues doesn’t have to be an uncomfortable exercise in stilted small talk. In fact, it could be downright enjoyable. Of course, the level of enjoyability is greatly dependent on who your co-workers are. I mean, these co-workers certainly seem friendly. And when I say “friendly,” I mean like Straight Gals Acting Like Gay Gals. Let Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn, circa “She-Devil” “Death Becomes Her” (mixed up my late 80s-early 90s wacky Meryl Streep comedies) show you the way to workplace bliss. She ain’t heavy, she’s my co-worker.

Alison Brie & Gillian Jacobs, “Community”Alison tweeted that this was her preferred reading position. “Reading,” so that’s what the kids are calling it today.

Maggie Q & Lyndsy Fonseca, “Nikita”Lyndsy looks like she is blushing from Maggie whispering a passage from some particularly explicit Nikita/Alex fanfic she found online. What? I can’t be the only one who ships this, right? I mean, have you seen how many tank tops they wear?

Lena Headey & Summer Glau, “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles”Speaking of tank tops, this show was none too shabby about getting its stars in them whenever possible.

Emily Blunt & Amy Adams, “Sunshine Cleaning”Sure, they played sisters. But that body language isn’t sisterly. Just sayin’.

Blake Lively & Leighton Meester, “Gossip Girl”It’s the old “let’s compare hand sizes”-move. Nice.

Feist & Emily Haines, Broken Social SceneIndie Rock Goddess Powers activate.

Audra McDonald & Anne Hathaway, “Twelfth Night”So much Shakespearean swoon is happening in this picture, it almost needs footnotes.

Chloe Sevigny & Ginnifer Goodwin, “Big Love”Bill Paxton who?

Jill Biden & Michelle ObamaThey make a very nice couple. No, really, I mean that. That look Michelle is giving Jill says maybe she does, too.

Naya Rivera & Dianna Agron, “Glee”Quintana, is that a thing?

Dianna Agron & Lea Michele, “Glee”Now I know Faberry/Achele is a thing. And by “thing” I mean what I replace all Quinn/Sam or Rachel/Finn scenes with in my head.

18 comments:

I_am_Anners said...

Months ago I was having a conversation with a tangential coworker. Super sweet/cute girl. Upon discovering that I was a gay lady, she blurted, "I've always wondered what it was like to be a lesbian." Christmas party + single + open minded cute girl = "Hello, again. Can I get you a glass of wine?"

Unknown said...

Is it possible you mean "Death Becomes Her"? for La Streep and Hawn?

Anonymous said...

The last one wins! Seriously, I need to get over this Achele thing, the picture of Dianna and Naya kind of made me mad! I just want Lea and Dianna to be in love so much, it's actually ridiculous! No matter how many times I try to remind myself they both have boyfriends, (Dianna flew all the way to London to visit Alex for 2 days over Thanksgiving, and when they went out she was wearing an engagement ring) my heart is still like:
NO! Theirs is a love like no other! Eventually someone will write a tell all about their time in Glee long after it's over (probably Mark Salling or poor Djion!) and be like
"All Dianna and Lea ever did during downtime on set was cuddle and kiss and whisper sweet-nothings to each other. Unfortunately, the Fox suits declared it a forbidden love, so they had to hide it, but now they live together on a remote farm with lots of animals and seven children in Nova Scotia." It has to be true, I need it to survive!!

Anonymous said...

You know Lea Michele and Dianna Agron are real life roommates, yes? Imagine those pillow fights and sleep overs...

Kathryn said...

I never get tired of this category. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Love the photo of Lena and Summer! You needed to crop out John Connor though. He looks like a turd in the corner, which ruins the magic.

nicole said...

haha i love the Michelle Obama and Jill Biden pairing, that made my day :)

Norma Desmond said...

Geez. The body language in the one with Emily Blunt and Amy Adams is INTENSE.

Anonymous said...

uuhhhmmmm...quintana?seriously???...and no brittana??im really a big fan but u know...i know wats out there!!

Anonymous said...

i mean "im NOT really a big fan"...heh

Anonymous said...

Quintana!? More like Brittana! Especially since they have an actual relationship with each other! And Naya Rivera and Heather Morris are best friends.

vrgriffith said...

Awesome edition of SGALGG...now where can I find that fanfiction? Pls provide links-->talking about them is just too cruel!

emilyjem said...

You want Jill Biden & Michelle Obama fan fiction?

Anonymous said...

Brittana/Santittany/Heya is better than Quintana!!! ..... but I totes ship Faberry too.

Unknown said...

Um... Favorite reading position, eh? Reading lips not books, I bet ;)

Oh, and speaking of lips (the other kind): Michelle Obama is doing a lip lick lots of straight women do when they're like their dates and are trying to divert attention to their mouths.

Anonymous said...

Oh Snarker get out of my mind!!

That Haines/Feist photo is from one of my favorite pieces of rock journalism of all time. (http://vice.typepad.com/vice_magazine/2007/03/reunited_social.html) To this day I yell "put her in hotpants!" as an insult.

Still, you didn't go with the hand holding photo? That one is waaay more SGALGG-y IMHO.

Anonymous said...

the pic of michelle obama and jill biden killed me.

Anonymous said...

I just loved laughing with your publication! Specially the "reading" part. LOL