Wednesday, November 24, 2010

“I have just met you and I love you”


I knew I loved Pixar for a reason. On Monday the fine folks at Pixar released an It Gets Better Video. Two things about the video. 1) You will probably cry. 2) You might want to also get the phone numbers of all of the cute lesbians who work there. Seriously, that place is just brimming with gay ladies. Now, I’ve watched a lot of these videos. They’re all wonderful and touching in their own way. But I think the Pixar one is especially so because these are the people who make some of my favorite movies. The movies I turn to when I need instant perking up. The movies I carry around with me on my iPhone. “Finding Nemo,” “WALL-E” and “Imagine Me & You” as the three movies I always have with me in my pocket everywhere I go. So that connection, coupled with that kind of honesty and empathy from the people behind the pictures, well that’s going to put a lump in my throat every single time. But in the best possible way, you know, like a Pixar movies. Here are a few of my favorite Pixar moments, which make me smile and feel better, no matter what.

“Just keep swimming.”


“Ta-da!”


“I was hiding under the porch because I love you.”


Finally, my guaranteed mood lifter. Why, yes, I do speak whale.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

14 comments:

Fiona said...

<3

Happy Thanksgiving to you too

jetgirl said...

Four words: Charlie Chaplin's City Lights. It's pure joy.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this. I cried like a baby!

It does get better!

vrgriffith said...

I really loved this when I saw this.Many of the ladies of Pixar are just so cute.

Have a great holiday DS!

K said...

Oh look, Krill!! Love it. And love you DS :)

Sarah said...

Oh, I love Up and Wall-E so much. I didn't think I could love Pixar more.

Norma Desmond said...

Finally watched the Pixar video... I didn't even make it three minutes in before I was crying.

Kathryn said...

Beautiful and inspiring. Happy American Thanksgiving.

lethe said...

"I was hiding under your porch because I love you"

Yeahh! I said this to multiple people everyday for weeks after I watch 'Up' for the first time. I probably should have made sure all of them had seen the movie first, whatever.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

hahaha,
nemo is so fun,
I actually heard a lot about but
still don't see the movie, just lazy...and forget,
it seems very fun.

happy thanksgiving!

the first interview feels like..
do you feel same way?
I mean why people that much..

you decide, and choose
cus you love yourself,
and maybe someone,
no matter what,

it's not like society is not nice
people are mean,
it doesn't matter,

what count is each person's decision and
the choice. don't you think?

one of things that I like about americans, is
optimistic attitude.

p.s. If I set the maximum 100% why I like you ds.
20% maybe LGBT culture things,
and the 80% is general things,
like beautiful voice, personal, cute appearance..so on. so don't go so far, like jump out of fence to
the moon.

You count me as a fan so I accept it.

Anonymous said...

this is going to sound super nerdy, but Darla, the first woman, was the producer on Toy Story 3 and the character of Darla in Finding Nemo was named after her. Also, one of the animators in the video was the voice of Kari the baby sitter from The Incredibles!!

bahhh! i'm having a total geek out!! LOVE this video!!

Lauren said...

Who knew that this was the reason that I have always been inexplicably drawn to Pixar in career choices....

Anonymous said...

The thing is, they got a good chunk of the biology right on Nemo - clownfish do indeed look after their young in breeding pairs, live as symbionts with anemones, the stings of which they are immune to - but they missed something out. They are also serial hermaphrodites. If a pair are looking after their young, and the female dies, exactly as happened in Finding Nemo, the male undergoes a spontaneous sex change. What a missed opportunity!

Lil' Jak said...

Thanks!

Love those clips of Pixar films!