Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I love rock 'n' roll

The Runaways movie

You know, I’m officially excited for this movie now. I was worried; I still have worries. But this first photo from “The Runaways” (formerly “Cherry Bomb”) is so fucking fierce that I don’t care. I just want to go to there. Immediately. It’s not necessarily the hot girls – though they are hot and, I might add, very much girls (Dakota is 15, FIFTEEN!) – but the rock and roll attitude. It oozes from that photo. It makes me want to pick up a guitar – or lick one. But most of all, it makes me want to revel in the awesome that is Joan Jett and Cherie Currie.

Holy shit, those girls were bad ass.

OK, now I’m worried again. How the fuck can Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning ever, ever, ever be that rock and roll? Answer: They can’t. But they sure might look good trying.

p.s. Good luck looking as good as Joan Jett when you’re 51, Kristen. I think that woman made her own Robert Johnson-like deal at the crossroads. She hasn’t aged a damn day. And, yes, Joan still gets more chicks than all of us. This is just a fact.

p.p.s. The movie will be released in March 19.
p.p.p.s. And, yes, the kiss is happening.
p.p.p.p.s. Oh, and then there is this.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

that pic makes me very very hopeful!

when's the movie coming out?

frannie said...

That's a HOT picture.....I hope it lives up to the hype.

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

So looking forward to the movie!
I can still recall when my older brother bought Queens of Noise and we listened to it while shooting a game of pool.

Anonymous said...

Joan inspired me to pick up a guitar at 13, and was my first girl crush. If only she was my first in another category...I didn't know she was gay until I saw the I Love Rock n' Roll video. Then I knew, lol. Then I also knew I was gay. Pfft.

Tiburón said...

I saw Joan Jett in concert about 4 years ago. It was fucking awesome!

Making Space said...

OMG Joan Jett. Joan Jett. Joan Jett.

Ari said...

First trailer is out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GATAIBAlGDU

I am beyond excited.

Norma Desmond said...

Oh course she can get more girls than all of us. She's freakin' Joan Jett!

Caroline said...

Sweet jesus.
This movie is going to be amazing.
And it's also going to make me feel incredibly old.
And sad at not being 15 years old or Kristen's wifey.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear lord. Just saw the trailer. I'm gonna be a 40 y/o groupie to a bunch of teens!? Looks amazing. Kristen Stewart looks like she's got Jett's butch attitude down, and Dakota just makes me feel dirty. Help.