Wednesday, July 01, 2009

What’s new, pussycat?

Well, file this under the category of “Things That Are Obvious.” I never noticed how many photographers thought it a genius idea to pose beautiful women with big cats – real or otherwise. I’ll give you a split-second to realize why. Big cats, large kitties, enormous puss… Yeah, now you’ve got it. Subtlety is, indeed, for pussies. Though, if taken to its ultimate and inevitable conclusion, all these photos could also be considered a metaphor for gay women. No, not for that reason. Get your heads out of the gutter, people. Instead it’s because we can identify. I mean, we are the original crazy cat ladies. Here kitty, kitty, indeed.

Christina AguileraChrist, it’s even pink.

Alicia SilverstoneI hate it when I wear the same thing to the photoshoot as the leopard.

Lily AllenJazz paws!

Chloe SevignyThe real Pussycat Doll.

And just in case you dog lovers were feeling left out, these are for you. At this point, the giving a dog a bone jokes just write themselves.

Kylie MinoguePlease, God, let this just be an post-Frisbee cigarette.

Julianne MooreNever mind the LOLcats, give this dog a cheezburger.

p.s. I’m just going to let this one speak for itself. I don’t even want to imagine what they’re a euphemism for.

9 comments:

Amy said...

In the immortal words of Gilda Radner, "Never let an alligator bite your snatch."

Roxanne said...

Alligator pie!

Josephine said...

Okay, the only one of these I like is Chloe with the stuffed animal.

The Christina one with the giant pink cat is just obscene!

Anonymous said...

You miss Drew on the cover of Vogue with a lion.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_R5WS6_kmmTI/SeP-jQ9tNcI/AAAAAAAAQ9A/vsrTKEYpG54/s400/beautyandthebeastvoguecwh9.jpg

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love me some Angie and Chloe. Thank you for the beautiful images to take into a long and boring training session.

Courtney said...

I love how Alicia Silverstone looks really worried, like "There's a giant cat behind me, isn't there." Very comical, I wonder if it was intended as such.

Anonymous said...

maybe the bikini from lacoste.

somehow i don't like having pet,
but love to see them.
this is what i feel through the whole tiredsome reality.

today was very funny to me.
wish someday can talk to you about.
thank you for the post. ^^

Anonymous said...

Jazz Paws! totally killing me Ms. Snarker!!

tlsintx said...

Angie is so badass.