Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Hey mo, hey Carrey

Jim Carrey in a movie pitched as “Brokeback Mountain” meets “Catch Me If You Can?” You would think I pulled that description out of a “Mad Libs for Movie Producers” book, but oh no. It’s real. Hell, I couldn’t make up something that crazy if I tried. The rubber-faced funnyman has signed on to star in an adaptation of the book “I Love You Phillip Morris.” It tells the real-life story of Steven Russell, a married Texas family man who goes to prison and then falls madly in love with his cellmate. When his cellmate is released, Russell escapes from prison four times to be with him. It is being billed as a dark comedy with hints of “Bad Santa.” Like I said, crazy, right?

Now, I am not really a Jim Carrey fan. I mean, I have nothing personally against the guy, I just find my humor in places other than talking out of my ass cheeks. But, having said that, he starred in one of my favorite films of all time, “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.” So, well, I’m not sure how I feel about this film. Will the gay relationship be the butt of the its jokes or its sincere foundation? Since I haven’t read the book, I have no idea. We can only hope for the latter. But what I do know is this, if Jim is going to play a truly convincing gay boy, he needs to work on that muffin top. Seriously, even in prison the gays have standards.p.s. That “blond woman” is Jenny McCarthy, hence the boobage.

4 comments:

Mike said...

i don't like jim carrey -he's not funny and is unbearable when trying to be serious...

the movie you described could go wrong so many ways...

eternal sunshine is a good movie which succeeded despite him

nycrouge said...

Oh. I didn't even notice his muffin top. I was too busy staring at the blonde woman's tits.

Sally said...

I have to say that even though I'm not either a Jim Carrey fan, he has done some very interesting stuff in dramas. I remember he played an alcoholic in a "made for TV" movie that was called "Doing time on Maple Drive". He was great! I think with a good material, he could surprise many people. Then again, I might be wrong!

Anonymous said...

Standards???...2 words, BRUCE VILANCH