Thursday, April 05, 2007

Hot Betty

In February, W magazine put Ellen on the cover and now it is America. This deserves a polite golf clap and then some. To have such an arbiter of fashion pick two non-traditional beauties to grace its cover in the span of three months must be some sort of record. America looks, as always, stunning. And, as in every interview I read with her, she comes across as smart, sensible and stable. That includes her perspective on her own body.

“I mean, of course I want to be at a weight where I’m happy. There are times when I go to the gym and really try, and there are times when I just don’t. I gain a pound; I lose a pound. But I think I’ve developed a really good sense of when I’m doing something for myself as opposed to when I’m doing something because of other people’s expectations of me. And honestly, even if I wanted to be anorexic, I just don’t have what it takes. After four hours of being anorexic, I’d be like, 'It’s been four whole hours! Feed me!'”

That being said, do you think W exaggerated her collar bone to make her look thinner? Oh, Ms. Snarker, focus on the positive. It was one of your New Year’s resolutions. That and not referring to yourself in the third person. Damn. Fine, I am just going to enjoy these pictures. Does that make you happy?

No comments: