Monday, March 05, 2007

Just Say No

I’ve decided that the media-savvy hate mongers of this world will no longer get what they want most: my attention. Yes, I’m talking to you Ann Coulter. And you, Michael Savage. You disgust me. You stand against everything I hold dear. But, in the end, you’re just not worth my time. So instead of highlighting your bigoted behavior, I’m going to praise the subjects of your ugly attacks.

Melissa and Tammy Lynn: How anyone would look at these two and “want to puke,” as a certain savagely hateful radio commenter declared, is beyond me. If this kind of radiant love is wrong, well let me never, ever be right.


John Edwards: I’m still in the courting phase with all the Democratic presidential hopefuls, but regardless of whether he gets my vote or not, Edwards has always struck me as decent man sincerely committed to addressing the chasm between the haves and have nots. So if the best, most cutting critique a certain cold-hearted conservative commenatrix could come up with is “faggot,” his candidacy is looking pretty strong.


What these big-mouth bigots wants is our attention. It sells more books. It attracts more listeners. It makes them more famous. So, I say, just ignore them. Let us boycott the bigoted. They’re like children acting out for their parents’ attention. Let them kick and scream and threaten to hold their breath all they want. Eventually they’ll tire themselves out and be left in a sweaty, tear-filled puddle of their own making. Good riddance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had the good fortune of being in the company of Melissa and Tammy on several occasions. The love you see in their eyes is even more evident when you see it in person. They are both lovely women, and undeniably, GOOD PEOPLE.
Michael Weiner could learn more than a few things from these two women. Loving and being loved are but two of the things that they obviously no more about than he does.

Anonymous said...

Too bad I don't know how to spell "know." ::rolling eyes::