Thursday, February 22, 2007

Bikini Redux

CLICK for then and nowOh Tyra, Tyra. Honey, what are you doing? I realize that it was a big deal for you to be the first African-American woman to grace to cover of the “Sports Illustrated” swimsuit issue solo. I realize that it takes moxie to parlay looking hot in a bikini into a career complete with your own reality series and talk show. And I realize that it hurt your feelings when a bunch of blogging meanies made fun of unflattering photos of you in your swimsuit recently.

But, really, did you have to go this far? Did you have to recreate your famed SI cover from a decade ago under the guise of a celebration of Black History Month? Does another picture of you in a bikini really advance the cause of black Americans? Uh, no. What it does do is scream, “Hey, I’m not fat! Look, I’m not fat!” Though, if that was your not-so-secret agenda, why would you go ape shit with the Photoshop? Real torsos have shadow, depth and highlights. You know, like the one on the left. Listen, if I tell you you’re still pretty will you, please, put some clothes on.

2 comments:

DivineLavender said...

I enjoy Tyra. She dares to do her own thing. She has a beautiful body. She is branching out and is a career woman. I appreciate her and don't see her re-shoot as a guise of any sort.

It is beautiful...she is beautiful.

Plus, everyone is photoshopped welcome to 2007.

Anonymous said...

She looks even hotter now! Still gorgeous as ever!