Thursday, February 01, 2007

Another great gal is gone

Another fine Texas lady has left us. Syndicated columnist and best-selling author Molly Ivins died yesterday after a long battle with breast cancer. The best little hell raiser in Texas was 62. I’ve been a fan of Molly’s since a friend gave me her first book, “Molly Ivins Can't Say That, Can She?” back in high school. I roared with laughter through all 304 pages. She was a rabble rouser in the best, most authentic sense. Her irreverent take on the absurdity of our government came from a place of genuine love for this country and the potential of our democratic process. Plus, she was as bleeding as hearts come. Any woman who calls Dubya “Shrub” is good people in my book. I will miss her words, I will miss her humor, I will miss heart.

No comments: