Tuesday, January 02, 2007

There's no place like home, again

I’ve done a reverse Dorothy and clicked my heels three times to return from the vast, unassuming Midwest to my own personal Oz. My holidays were quiet and lovely, thank you. My travels, however, were long and boring. Airports are one of the inner circles of hell. My arriving and departing trips were punctuated by a seven hour delay in Chicago and a five hour delay in Atlanta (don’t get me started on the physics of flying east to go west, talk to the brilliant folks at Delta.) I can recommend “The L Word” season 4 screeners as an excellent, though sometimes awkward, way to pass the time. One isn’t quite sure what to say to the family of four gawking over your shoulder as Bette rips the clothes off of… Oh, whoops. Sorry, you’re just going to have to watch. Another fun diversion is the American variation of the “Dyke or Simply Dutch” game. It’s the “Dyke or Simply a Midwestern Housewife” game. The haircuts can be disarmingly similar. Now, let’s rock the shit out of 2007, shall we?

No comments: