Friday, December 15, 2006

Love is in the air

Heartened by Mary Cheney and Heather Poe’s recent announcement, George W. Bush and Donald Rumsfeld decide to finally make it official. In an interview with “People,” W praised the love between the women that dare not speak its name, well half of the love between the women that dare not speak its name:

“I think Mary is going to be a loving soul to her child. And I’m happy for her.”

No word on his classification of Heather’s soul or level of happiness for it. This being “People,” America’s go-to coming out magazine, W also took the opportunity to add:

“The thing is, I’m not ashamed – Rummy and I are in a very stable relationship. We enjoy playing leisurely games of war. But, you know, without the cards.”

Or, at least, that’s what I thought I read…

No comments: