EDITORS NOTE: Lest we burst our own bubble too quickly today, let us still rejoice in yesterday's landmarks:
- First woman speaker of the house: Nancy Pelosi
- First Muslim in Congress: Keith Ellison
- First Democratic Socialist in Congress: Bernie Sanders
- First Jewish governor of New York: Eliot Spitzer
- First African-American governor of Massachusetts: Deval Patrick
- And, according to the Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund, 67 openly gay candidates were elected to state and local offices (more than ever before).
Plus, ding-dong the witch is dead jigs of joy for Rummy, Rick Santorum, John Hostettler, Katharine Harris and Richard Pombo. Wow, for me? Is it Christmas already?