The gay and lesbian quotient was harder to find than Waldo at the Emmy Awards telecast Sunday night. A quick rundown of the kinda, sorta, totally gay moments from the show:
- Law & Order: SVU star Christopher Meloni racing across stage on a Segway and thanking his imaginary chiropractor’s lover in the process.
- Leslie Jordan quipping his statuette for guest actor in a comedy series win was “the first woman I ever slept with.”
- Barry Manilow
- Clip from “Weeds” where Elizabeth Perkins asks Mary Louise-Parker non-chalantly if she’d ever slept with a woman, or would want to. Damn, now I wish I watched Weeds more often.
- Commercial for new series “Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip” featuring out actress Sarah Paulson (Hey, we’ll take any vaguely GLBT content we can get, OK?)
- Stephen Colbert greeting the crowd with, “Good evening, Godless sodomites.”